Join us for our workshop on the 12th March 2024
Join us for our workshop on the 12th March 2024!
This workshop is aimed at professionals who would like to increase confidence when challenging Honour Based Abuse and Forced Marriage.
- Build confidence in identifying and challenging Honour Based Abuse and Forced Marriage
- Build resilience when challenging issues of ‘cultural sensitivity’
- Recognise Honour Based Abuse/Forced Marriage as a safeguarding matter
- Increase professional confidence through education
- Improve effective supportive responses for victims
- Encourage critical thinking to challenge justifications of abuse on the basis of tradition, culture or religion
- Develop victim pathways for safe and effective responses
This is achieved through the sessions which;
- Explain the support Karma Nirvana offer to victims, survivors and professionals
- Definitions of Honour Based Abuse and Forced Marriage and the triggers for these abuses
- Dispel common misconceptions
- Offer an insight into understanding honour systems & honour codes within family dynamics
- Identify Honour Based Abuse and Forced Marriage and explain the warning signs and indicators
- Clarify best practice when dealing with Honour Based Abuse and Forced Marriage
- Provide an insight into Forced Marriage law and FMPOs
- Explain the prevalence nationally and statistics for Professionals
- Demonstrate how Honour Based Abuse and Forced Marriage is happening in emerging communities.
The virtual workshops scheduled for 2024 will take place on 12th March – 11:00 – 13:00
If you require an invoice for payment please contact; [email protected]
Free cancellations for 24 hours or more notice to the event, cancellations within 24 hours are non-refundable.
For all enquiries please contact: [email protected]