Across West Yorkshire, we offer face-to-face advocacy support for victims and survivors of Honour Based Abuse and forced marriage. This provides people with:
- Confidential, non-judgemental emotional support
- Expert help in recognising and assessing risks
- Help accessing services, from both the statutory and charity sectors
- Someone to speak to professionals on a victim or survivor’s behalf
- An ‘advocate’ who can make sure others understand the risks and handle them properly
The emotional support has been amazing and really helped my mental health.
How does it work?
Victims and survivors are referred to us by professionals. We then provide six face-to-face support sessions.
Users of this service can also call our national Honour Based Abuse Helpline for extra support, both during the sessions and once they are finished.
I would like to thank the advocate for all her support. She believed me and encouraged me. She has been a great help and resourced me fully. I hope there are more people like her. Thank you.
How to refer into the service?
Please download and complete our referral form and return it to the advocacy team (details are on the form). Referral forms will be confirmed within 72 hours.
Impact since 2017
This project was originally funded by Lloyds Foundation and is currently supported by the Esmee Fairbairn Foundation.