Service User Testimonials
Being able to talk openly and being understood. The emotional support has been amazing and really helped my mental health.
Would like to thank the advocate for all her support. She believed me and encouraged me. She has been a great help and resourced me fully. I hope there are more people like her. Thank you
The face to face appointments are very necessary and supportive.
I feel more positive about my situation, whereas before the support i was very negative. I continue accessing the Karma Nirvana Helpline for support.
We are offering face to face advocacy service for victims and survivors of honour-based abuse and forced marriage across West Yorkshire only. This was a piloted project funded by Lloyds Foundation.
What we offer:
- Face to face support for victims and survivors of Forced marriage and honour-based abuse.
- Confidential emotional support using an empathic, non-judgmental, victim focussed approach.
- Experts that recognise the risks of these issues and can assess accordingly.
- Assistance accessing relevant services/organisations using a multi-agency approach with both voluntary and statutory organisations in West Yorkshire.
- Someone who can speak to professionals on the victim/survivor’s behalf when they feel they cannot themselves.
- A professional who can advocate to professionals in order to ensure specific risks are understood and handled correctly in accordance with the statutory guidelines.
Who can refer to the advocacy support service?
Referrals can only be made by professionals.
Does the victim/survivor need to consent to this support?
Yes, we require the service user to have consented prior to making contact with them.
How long will the support last for?
6 Face to face support session will provided. The service user can also access the helpline for support whilst the sessions are taking place and for ongoing support thereafter.
Is the advocate legally trained?
No, Karma Nirvana does not offer legal advice however can refer to relevant services that do.
What is the referral process into the advocacy service?
Please download the KN Advocate referral form and send it to the Advocacy email. Please note referrals can only be made by a professionals.